FREE MEDICAL EVALUATION
Fill out the form and submit your situation to us as a preliminary step.
Our team will meet to evaluate your clinical case, taking into account also any exams already in your possession that will have to be attached
We'll reply as soon as possible
Oncology is a branch of medIcine that deals with the study, diagnosis and treatments of cancer.
A neoplasm (tumor) is an abnormal and uncontrolled proliferation of cells in the tissue or body organ.
These cells can invade nearby tissues spreading to other organs through the lymphatic system and blood flow.
The term cancer is usually used to define a malignant neoplasm.
The most frequent type of cancer is carcinoma, a class of malignant tumors growing in organs, in the gastrointestinal tract or on the skin.
Usually, when suspecting the presence of a tumor, the treating physician recommends the patient to go and see an Oncologist.
After undergoing anti-cancer treatments, It is important to keep on seeing the Oncologist to monitor the effectiveness of therapies and any potential relapse.
Other types of cancer are:
- Sarcoma (malignant tumor of the connective tissue, the supportive tissue of the body)
- Gliome (involving the nervous system cells)
- Lymphoma ( tumors of the lymphoid tissue)
- Melanoma ( malignant tumor originating from cells that produce melanin, like skin moles)
DEGREE AND STAGE
From a clinical point of view “grade ” or “stage” of the tumor are additional factors influencing the choice of treatment and the prognosis.
- The grade is based on a combination of histologic parameters indicating how quickly the cancer is likely to spread. It goes from 1 to 4.
- The stage determines the extension of the cancer. The system is based on the dimension, position and spread of the cancer to nearby tissues and the lack or presence of metastasis in the lymph nodes as well as distant metastasis. Worth mentioning also the potential invasion of the lymphatic vessels, venous vessels and the extension of the residual disease after preoperative therapy.
ONCOLOGY INTEGRATED WITH COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINE
After the Specialist examination, the Doctor will be able to recommend the most adapted therapies to the type of cancer. In addition to that, Biophysical tests can be carried out in our Center in order to address the more appropriate complementary treatment to support conventional therapies.
These treatments are intended to fix metabolic and immunologic alterations.
Today complementary treatments are able to follow the patient throughout the disease, helping him better face conventional therapies as chemotherapy, radiotherapy and endocrine therapies.
The main purpose is to obtain real improvements in the patient, helping him overcome the side effects of conventional therapies.
It is also possible to address oxidative stress deriving from the disease and conventional therapies.