periodontology at the Biomedic Clinic & Research
Periodontology deals with therapies related to pathologies of the gums and soft tissues (periodontal disease). Periodontitis is the inflammation of the periodontium, i.e. everything around the roots of the teeth (gums, ligaments, alveoli and bone apparatus).
The most frequent periodontal disease is pyorrhea, which can lead to tooth loss. This disease affects the structures that surround the tooth and keep it anchored to the bone.
The Biomedic Clinic & Research has also taken a natural but highly effective approach in the treatment of periodontal problems, implementing protocols validated by over 20 years of results. Our specialist, who has extensive experience in homotoxicology, uses homeopathic products.
The initial evaluation first of all involves the collection of a series of measurements on each tooth (depth of the sulcus formed between the gingiva and the tooth surface, possible retraction of the gingival margin with respect to the original position, dental mobility and others). Subsequently the x-rays are evaluated.
The information collected during the first visit serves to guide the most suitable type of preliminary or initial therapy, i.e. the control of present and active inflammation.
Initial therapy is capable of producing significant improvements in most patients. Where lesions remain, especially at the bone level, a consequence of the previous untreated periodontal disease, a further phase of correction therapy of the still present defects will be necessary. Finally, maintenance over time through the so-called periodontal maintenance therapy is an indispensable requirement for long-term success.
Most common symptoms
The warning symptoms of periodontitis (gum disease) are:
- Gingival inflammation, affecting about 50% of adults, which often starts with the simple bleeding of the gums during the daily cleaning of the teeth or during the chewing of particularly solid foods;
- The swelling of the gums, which become increasingly sensitive to the contact of the toothbrush and food;
- Halitosis, i.e. stinking breath and distortion of taste sensitivity;
- The apparent lengthening of the teeth (determined by the retraction of the gums and bone resorption).
Most common causes
The main causes of periodontal disease (gum disease) are:
- Poor oral hygiene, with a consequent increase in the bacterial plaque that creeps ever deeper, almost like a wedge, between the gums and the surface of the teeth and thus becomes less and less accessible by the toothbrush and dental floss
- A genetic predisposition, that is, an immune system that is not sufficiently developed and capable of attacking the bacterial flora concerned
- Diabetes mellitus, if not adequately compensated
- Bad habit of smoking
The main risks related to periodontitis (gum disease) are:
- Any worsening of osteoporosis
- A greater predisposition to respiratory diseases
- The increased risk for apoplectic shock
- Greater predisposition to cardiac infarction
- An increased risk of premature birth
- The worsening of diabetes mellitus.
In less severe cases, periodontal disease can be treated in a non-surgical way by cleaning the gingival pockets (courettage) or deep cleaning of the roots, to remove plaque and tartar. Failure to cure the infection causes its advancement in depth whereby the gum moves away from the tooth, the bone is destroyed and the teeth become mobile and eventually fall out.
The help of integrated complementary biological therapies often allows to obtain periodontal healing in a gentle and atraumatic way.
FREE MEDICAL EVALUATION
Fill out the form and submit your situation to us as a preliminary step.
Our team will meet to evaluate your clinical case, taking into account also any exams already in your possession that will have to be attached
We'll reply as soon as possible
COSTO DELLE PRESTAZIONI
Gengivectomia (fino a 3 dentI): €150,00
Curettage a cielo chiuso (a quadrante): €150,00
Curettage a cielo aperto (fino a 3 dentI): €600,00
Ogni elemento aggiuntivo: €200,00
Sondaggio Parodontale: €100,00
Innesto Libero Autogeno: €1.000,00
Lembo a riposizionamento apicale (a dente): €650,00
Ogni elemento aggiuntivo: €200,00
Lembo a riposizionamento laterale: €650,00
Lembo di Tarnow: €600,00
Innesto osseo con Bio-Membrana: €800,00
Innesto osseo con Bio-Membrana esteso: €1.200,00
Allungamento di corona clinica: €800,00
Trattamento Omotossicologico Parodontale/Meridiani (a seduta): €130,00
TEST MICROBIOLOGICI E MARKER INFIAMMATORI
Test in kit di autoprelievo (tampone buccale), con ritiro dei campioni a domicilio e invio del referto