FREE MEDICAL EVALUATION
Fill out the form and submit your situation to us as a preliminary step.
Our team will meet to evaluate your clinical case, taking into account also any exams already in your possession that will have to be attached
We'll reply as soon as possible
Posturology is the technique used to align the joints and the muscles in order to obtain the optimal balance of the body.
We usually go see a Posturologist because in the past we found partial relief to a problem that we had, but we would like a permanent solution to his problem.
In posturology, we look for the causes of the problem that created the pain with the purpose of solving them permanently.
The technique of collection of data by our Physiotherapist is based on a thirty year knowledge in the Postural Osteopathy field.
The most effective Posturology is the one carried out by a team made of professionals that after the correct diagnosis work together to achieve the end result.
Our team works on specific pre-set posture evaluations and proved protocols that involve the different professionals, in the right sequence based on the problem to treat.
MOST RECURRING SYMTOMS
A bad posture can create:
• cervical pain
• muscle pain and stiffness
• eye fatigue
• hand and arm tingling
• defects in head blood circulation
• mandibular and chewing problems
• spinal problems
• umbilical hernia
• back pain (vertebral crushing, protrusions, hernias, sciatica)
• shoulder pain and inflammation ( periarthritis and calcifications)
• arthrosis ( hip, knee, ankle)
• meniscus and ligament injury
• foot and finger pain
• metatarsal pain
• plantar and heel pain
• incorrect feet support
• poor blood circulation
• poor digestion (acid reflux, hiatal hernia)
• respiratory problems (asthma as a consequence of effort, sleep apnea)
• shortness of breath, fatigue
• slow metabolism and low energy
In the developing phase the body grows up in asymetrical way.
The right and left side of the body have different developments, we can see it in the different size or alignment of our eyes, the muscle strengh of one side of the body compared to the other and the different limb shape.
Therefore even before the teen age years almost all bodies tend to have an incorrect posture:
• rounded shoulders
• chest and thorax closure
• head turned forward
• reduction of lordosis ( lombar curve)
• incorrect and imbalanced foot support
• different pelvis inclination and rotation
• different length of legs
• different proportion of kiphosis ( neck vertebral curve ) and lordosis
These things cause shortness of breath, lowered lung capacity and respiratory ailments in addition to all the problems people can have in the following areas:
• neck (cervical pain, muscle pain, arm and hand tingling)
• shoulder (ligament and tendon inflammation, calcifications)
• elbow (epicondylitis, epitrochleitis)
• hand (finger tingling and/or insensitivity)
• back pain (vertebral crushing , hernia, sciatica)
• gluteus ( muscle pain)
• groin (osteitis pubis)
• hip (arthrosis, bursitis)
• knee (meniscus injury, cartilage injury)
• ankle (predisposition to sprain)
• foot (bunion, heel inflammation, plantar fascitis, heel spur, callus, blister)
During the postural evaluation the physiotherapist finds the defects of the body that cause the symtoms listed above and then gives the solution to the patient on how to permanently correct the posture and rapidly alleviate the pain.
The more the spine is elastic and the respiratory muscles are trained, the more the lung capacity increases.
It's not possible to train the respiratory muscles through running, swimming or work-outs and so the lung capacity cannot expand... why?
Because muscles need resistance to be trained and when we inhale and exhale, air doesn't cross any resistance, therefore every respiratory muscle is still, since ever.
The SpiroTiger training provides an in and out resistance to air without creating any hyperventilation, effectively and intensely training the respiratory muscles in order to expand the lung capacity.
This happens without overloading the cardiovascular system, improving sport performances in terms of speedness and resistance.
In addition to Spirotiger we developed a postural osteopathic technique, it's a postural gymnastic made of spine flexions-extensions-torsions in conjunction with breathing against a resistance. By doing this, the spine becomes more elastic and the patient can recover his vertebral curves eliminating the bad posture, for example the rounded shoulder position he thought was comfortable that, especially when sitting, causes:
• neck, shoulder, back muscle stiffness
• stomach compression ( reflux and hiatal hernia)
• thorax compression and shortness of breath
• intestinal compression and poor digestion, mostly in overweight patients
• groin and hip compression
• vertebral compression (protusion, hernia) and nerve irritation (sciatica)
This treatment makes that position uncomfortable and brings the body to naturally look for the right position in order to feel comfortable with relaxed muscles, reduced pression on the cervical and increased lung capacity.
No matter the age, sex or weight, everybody can benefit from this change in posture. In fact, in the cases treated, the following occured both standing and seated:
• Chest and shoulders open, reducing the pressure on the cervical and expanding lung capacity
• The shoulders muscles, scapula and lumbar area relax
• The correct lumbar curve is recovered, relieving the tension accumulated on the muscles and vertebras